Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sponsors

I really need to figure this whole sponsor thing out. I started working with someone about a month after leaving rehab and it started out fine. Met the guy at the Soho Friday night meeting. At first I did everything he said to do - prayed every morning and night, called him every day to check in. Then just started slipping.

The last time I called him was the day in Miami when I didn't know what to do about the rum cake. That was 5 weeks ago tomorrow. He actually left me a voicemail 3 weeks ago seeing if we still had a deal to work together. He said it was fine if we didn't, just wanted to check. So it should be easy to call him and let him know I'm probably going to work with someone else. But every day I don't, it feels like the conversation will get even more awkward.

I do want to get a sponsor, I just think I'd like to find someone who I see at meetings more often. The guy I've worked with is a great guy, but clearly there is a reason I don't want to call him. I don't know if I need someone younger or someone with a more similar background or what. Should really do it soon though. Not that I'm in danger...I would just like to get back on track with the steps and I really can't do that without some guidance.

Anyway, will hopefully pick up the damn phone soon.

Best,
B

1 comment:

  1. breakups suck. but, they usually are better in the long run.

    ReplyDelete