Saturday, May 2, 2009

Dinner for how many?

Been having stupid self-esteem issues lately. Nothing catastrophic, just silly stuff. For instance, been doing lots of work on my apartment. Trying to set it up to accommodate several guests at once. I've got a nice sitting area, big couch, trying to pick up one more chair to fill it out. Thing is, I can't remember the last time I had more than one person at my apartment (any apartment) at one time. Would love to have a few people over for dinner, an evening here. But then I start thinking is my apartment somewhere that my friends would want to hang you since I don't drink? That shouldn't be a big deal and I really don't mind at all if people drink here - they can do whatever they like. But I think it's hard for people to believe me when I say that. And either way, the thing probably looms over the evening anyway. Or maybe I'm crazy and they don't give a shit.

I'm not even sure what group of 3 or more people I would have over here. I've ha one person come over. I've had 2 people, a couple. And I could do that again but don't want to be person #3 every freaking time.

Gets frustrating that the place looks so great and is the most inviting place I've had in years and I just can't think of who to invite over.

Glad I wrote this down, because now that's it's on "paper", it sounds really stupid and I'm not as bothered anymore.

B

2 comments:

  1. next time we are in town (not soon enough), I'd gladly come over and not drink. that's for sure. (look at me inviting myself over...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, i love my house and it's great for entertaining, but i don't hardly ever entertain (though i always say that i'd like to do that more often). So, i feel your pain!

    For the record, you are welcomed here any time! Come see the Northwest this summer, why don't ya?

    ReplyDelete